The City of Edmond encourages participation from all its citizens. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please allow at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting. Contact the ADA Coordinator by phone: 405-359-4518, TDD: 405-359-4702, or email: ADAcoordinator@edmondok.com .
Visual Arts Commission
Wednesday, February 24, 2021
*IMPORTANT NOTICE* This meeting will be conducted via videoconferencing. The meeting will be utilizing the Zoom videoconference platform that will go live approximately five minutes before the scheduled meeting time. There are two different ways to connect to the meeting to participate in public comment:
1. To utilize the Zoom platform online utilizing a microphone, join the meeting at https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84588491519?pwd=ZE90ekd2U2ZmSi9WUEo5QWw4WVB0Zz09 . Meeting ID is 845 8849 1519 and Password is 359705.
2. To connect to the meeting via phone, join the meeting by dialing (346) 248-7799. Meeting ID is 845 8849 1519 and Password 359705.
NOTE: ALL MEMBERS OF THE VISUAL ARTS COMMISSION WILL BE PARTICIPATING VIA VIDEOCONFERENCE. Should a connection with any one of the VAC Members present for the videoconference be lost, the meeting will be recessed to re-establish the connection.
CITY COUNCIL WORKSHOP
1. Call to Order.
2. Approval of Meeting Minutes – January 27, 2021
3. Approval of Financials
4. Discussion of Judging the Arbor Day Art Contest.
5. Discussion and Consideration of preapproval of Art Images for Outside the Box Program (art wraps for public infrastructure).
6. Discussion and Consideration of temporary placement at SW corner of Campbell and Broadway of sculptures purchased with anonymous donor's matching funds.
7. Discussion and Consideration of partnering with Edmond Ice House, LLC for the purchase of Grasshopper a steel sculpture by Klint Schor for a total purchase price of $40,000 plus signage with EVAC partnering for half. To be located in the common area at the Ice House Development.
8. Discussion and Consideration of partnering with Edmond Fine Arts Institute for the purchase of FAI Little Free Art Gallery a metal piece by Joe and Terry Barrington for a total purchase price of $2500 plus signage with EVAC partnering for half. To be located at corner area in front of Mitzi's Park between FAI & The Patriarch.
9. Discussion and Consideration of planning for EVAC's 20th anniversary celebration.
10. Project Updates: waxing/refurbishing, delivery, installations, signage, and dedications.
11. Activity Reports: Fine Arts Institute, Historical Society & Museum, Staff, UCO CFAD, and Visit Edmond.
12. New Business - (In accordance with the Open Meeting Act, new business is defined as any matter not known about or which could not have been reasonably foreseen prior to the time of posting of the agenda.)